- 2 chicken breasts, cubed (cooked or raw)
- 6 slices of bread, or equivalent, cubed
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup cheddar/jack or mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 diced fresh tomato or 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Optional: 1 can mushrooms
Line bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2 buttered baking dish with bread. Top with chopped chicken.
In a small frying pan, melt 2 Tbsp. of butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add to baking dish.
Top with cheese and tomatoes. In a large bowl, combine milk, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix until well blended. Pour over chicken.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes if using raw chicken, 40, if chicken is cookedq.