Sweet Potato Salad
Sweet potatoes are ranked as one of the healthiest vegetables we have to choose from. And it’s naturally beautiful color and sweet but rich taste make it easy to pick. With higher fiber, proteins and vitamins than a traditional spud, you’ll be doing your family and friends a favor by offering this substitute to traditional potato salad.
- 6 cups sweet potatoes (approximately 3-4) peeled, and diced in 3/4″
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon (about 6 strips)
Put diced sweet potatoes into large mixing bowl and stir in oil, salt and pepper to coat. Place coated potatoes on baking sheet in 375 degree F oven for 1 hour turning at least once (edges should be brown and crispy). Remove from oven and cool completely. Combine potatoes with onions, and bacon, and coat with Maple Vinegar Dressing.
Maple Vinegar Dressing
- 4 tablespoons Grade A pure Maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1-1/2 tsp spicy yellow mustard
Process ingredients in food processor or blender.